Welcome to Lee County Dental Society


Who do I call to make a complaint against a dentist?

You may contact the Lee County Dental Society office, although there are certain criteria which must be met. If the dentist is a member of the LCDS, the patient is referred to the West Coast District Dental Assoc. in Tampa at 813-654-2500.

The complaint must be about dental work/procedure started or completed within the past year.

You may also go to www.wcdental.org Patient Information and Education, “What’s Peer Review” for more information.

If the dentist is not a member, you may contact the Florida Board of Dentistry at 850-681-3629, Better Business Bureau at 727-535-5522 or the Federal Trade Commission at 877-382-4357.

If it is an insurance issue contact the Insurance Consumer Hotline at 800-342-2762.